Mollusk Office Now Hiring: Production Manager
Production Manager Job Summary: The Production Manager is responsible for the coordination of all Domestic and Overseas Production, including selection of and negotiation with factories, on time delivery, and quality control. This is an opportunity to help in our quest to build a highly functional Production Department in a growing company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage 2 major and 2 minor deliveries per year from development to production.
- Work closely with Owner/Designer to source and create samples and tech packs in pre-production.
- Build and maintain production time and action calendars.
- Streamline operations by implementing processes that integrate design, sales, and accounting functions using Apparel Magic, AIMs or other Production Software.
- Identify key programs to move overseas for turn-key production.
- Manage Production at domestic factories including sample production, raw goods purchasing, marker requests, shrink tests, send-outs, cutting, sewing, and quality control.
- Manage wholesale account requirements including EDI, UPC, and compliance and testing.
- Manage import logistics for both raw goods and finished goods.
- Review product costing and margins.
- Monitor fabric yields and raw goods inventory.
- 3-5 years experience in production of apparel including knits, wovens, swim and outerwear, with both domestic and overseas experience.
- Experience in both larger apparel production organizations and smaller companies where everyone wears many hats.
- Skilled in Excel.
- Experience with Apparel Magic, AIMs or other production platforms.
- Experience with import logistics and compliance.
- Interest or experience in surfing is not required.
A Brief Background on Mollusk's Production: Entering our second decade as a Surf Shop and our 4th year offering full Men’s and Women’s clothing lines, we have a brand that reflects the value we place on our community of contributors. We have developed strong relationships with our wholesale and retail customers and with our suppliers. We are excited about building out our organizational foundation so that it will support sustainable growth in the coming years, allowing for unfettered creativity. The Mollusk Office is located in the Outer Sunset district of San Francisco nearby our flagship shop.
Please submit resumes to Johanna St. Clair (email@example.com) with Production Manager in the title of your email. Thank you for your interest!
Posted: Mar 09 2016