Now Hiring a Developer at MolluskJan 18 2022
Mollusk aims to inspire the pursuit of stoke and leisure. We’re also committed to running an efficient business. We prioritize tools and automation over hiring people to do repetitive, tedious work. This approach has paid off, freeing up our team to be more creative, impactful, and well… stoked.
Our dear developer is moving on. We’re looking for someone to help us maintain and add to the online tools that Mollusk relies on.
Some examples that you’d be helping with:
- Keeping our stores well-stocked, but not overwhelmed with unnecessary inventory.
- Tracking surfboard sales and helping to make informed buying decisions.
- Ensuring customers have clear and intuitive shipping options.
- Alerting the team when key events and/or issues are detected in our Shopify store.
- Maintaining an existing Rails application that integrates with Shopify, Google Sheets, and other online tools like Quickbooks.
- Building new functionality that solves immediate business problems. We prefer to work in an Agile(ish) framework.
- Deep familiarity with Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Shopify
- Familiarity with Heroku
- Familiarity with Postgres
- A basic understanding of front-end technologies
- Ability to assess and communicate level of effort and risk
- Ability to translate data into actionable information
- Some appreciation and familiarity with the culture at Mollusk (surfing, art, design, music, etc.)
- Familiarity with retail is a big plus
- Familiarity working with hard goods is a big plus
We aren’t expecting a full-time commitment, but we’re open to discussing your needs. Some in-person meetings are preferred but not mandatory. Our office is located in the Outer Sunset in San Francisco.
Please send questions and resumes to email@example.com. Mollusk is an equal opportunity employer.