Summer vibes....Venice has the new Brothers Marshall spring line in stock!
Mollusk Surf Shop is looking for a full-time Graphic Designer — with an interest in surfing — to join its San Francisco team. Reporting directly to the Creative Director and Web Manager, you will be responsible for all creative output on a wide variety of projects including, print, web, film and video, art and photography.
- Deliver creative that is authentic and relevant to the surf culture
- Deliver all marketing collateral and deliver creative assets as necessary
- Ensure production files meet prepress specifications and printing requirements
- Partner with Creative Director and Web Manager to ensure that brand story is told in a consistent way across channels
- Build a creative network through continuous outreach and communication
- Curate and co-ordinate exhibitions and authentic cultural events to increase brand awareness
- Demonstrates initiative, able to manage multiple projects at once, work to deadlines
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of professional design experience in creative industries
- A strong portfolio and good sense of layout, form, color and typography
- Experience with image compression, file correction and optimization techniques
- Knowledge of photography a plus
- Proficient in the following: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator), Mac OS X
- Excellent literary skills, able to liaise with printers, production teams, press and contractors in a professional and personable manner
To apply, send your portfolio, resume and any other relevant material to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photographer, Drew Martin is the subject of this weeks Mollusk Feature. With a familiar ’have camera, will travel’ modus operandi, Drew follows in the footsteps of intrepid surf photographers before him, for whom the camera is a reason to travel, in and of itself. For more of Drew’s excellent work, visit his website.
A big thanks to the legendary Jeff Divine for an epic slideshow and photo exhibit last weekend! Also to Tom Adler, and to everyone that came out for the event including Calicraft for the beer on tap! Jeff's work will be in the gallery until June and look for prints and posters to be on sale later this week on the website....